Tuesday, April 26, 2016

V - Variety

This post is a part of the A to Z Challenge. This year I have decided to go themeless. Each day I will post about whatever topic pops into my head. The result of this spontaneity is anyone's guess. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

They say variety is the spice of life. Whatever, I just like to keep things different. I enjoy a variety of genres in books, music, television, and movies. A wide variety. Huge. I like Star Wars AND Star Trek. Yep, major genre switch. I read Lord of the Rings AND The Hobbit. I listen to Home Free AND Christian Kane. Does it get more varied?

All joking aside, I really do read, watch, and listen to a variety. I will listen to Metallica, followed by TobyMac, then Home Free, and Fallout Boy. Nightwish (symphonic metal with a fantasy vibe) and Abney Park (steampunk airship pirates) share space on my playlist when I'm writing science fiction. My favorite movies include Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, We are the Titans, and Princess Bride.

Don't ever let yourself get tied down to one genre in anything. That applies to all areas of life. Except spouses. Best to stick to just one of those. And kids should all be the same species. (They don't necessarily have to be human, but keep them all the same species if possible.) OK, things have suddenly gone off the rails. I better call it quits while I'm ahead behind.

Until tomorrow, sayonara, good evening, auf wiedersehn, ciao, bonjour, and other various salutations.

No comments:

Post a Comment