Thursday, April 21, 2016

R - Road Trip!

This post is a part of the A to Z Challenge. This year I have decided to go themeless. Each day I will post about whatever topic pops into my head. The result of this spontaneity is anyone's guess. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

Road Trip! It's been a while since we've taken a decent road trip anywhere. Most of the trips we take with all four kids is to Branson or Springdale, Arkansas, or Dallas/Ft. Worth. All places that are within a few hours of home. This summer we're going to break that trend. We're road tripping from Oklahoma to Jacksonville, Florida. Over 16 hours of family fun. Remember yesterday's post about quiet? Yeah, I don't see much of that on this trip. I think it's going to be an adventure we'll remember for quite some time. This will the first time any of the kids have ever seen the ocean. We'll be in a church conference for three days (with my wife running the children's program) followed by fireworks over the river on July 4th. It's going to be great.

Anyone have any great family road trip stories? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment