Tuesday, April 19, 2016

P - Pesach

This post is a part of the A to Z Challenge. This year I have decided to go themeless. Each day I will post about whatever topic pops into my head. The result of this spontaneity is anyone's guess. Thanks for coming along for the ride.

It's almost time for Passover (Pesach in Hebrew)! I love Passover, but it can be a little stressful. I lead the Passover Seder for our congregation each year. This year, we started with about a dozen people signed up. The last count was 54. Setup might take a little longer than originally planned. But that's fine, because it means we'll have a great crowd. Many of them have never celebrated Passover before. I always enjoy watching the reactions of the newbies. You can see the wonder and excitement as they begin to understand the meaning of the celebration. As we tie it into the redemption of Messiah, it really gets their attention. Plus, there's food. It's an Israelite festival. There has to be food, right? Gotta cut this short, we're still planning and preparing for Friday night. Until tomorrow... Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment