Friday, April 17, 2015

O - Oh Wow! We're Over Halfway Done

Welcome to day fifteen of the A to Z Challenge. If you're here for the first time or if you've forgotten already, this year's theme is movies! I am posting a quote, a character or two, and a brief synopsis of a movie for each letter. You then get to guess the movie in the comments. Answers will be revealed in the following day's post.

Answer to N: The NeverEnding Story

There were a few movies to choose from for the letter O. Including one of my all-time favorites. However, I decided that one was too easy for those who love it, and impossible for those who don't. So I didn't choose Office Space for today. I decided to go with something a little different.

Quote
"We thought...you was...a toad!" - Delmar O'Donnell

Character
Tommy Johnson (the real-life one) is said to have sold his soul to the devil at a Mississippi crossroads for the ability to play guitar. Tommy Johnson (in the movie) says he sold his soul to the devil for the ability to play guitar. Hmm...

Synopsis
It's The Odyssey set in Depression-era Mississippi. A little off-kilter throughout, this movie follows Homer's epic with a retro-modern spin that is unforgettable. It's also one of George Clooney's best (and funniest) roles. And the soundtrack may be more popular than the movie.

I think I've given enough clues to make this one guessable by anyone who's seen it. Let me know if you love it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment