Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Z - Some Things Are Just Obvious

It's the last post of the A to Z Challenge for 2014. I tried very hard to make it something clever and unexpected. I wanted to go out with a dazzling display of musical knowledge. Yeah, that ain't gonna happen.

Love
ZZ Top - I know. It's the obvious choice. But really, how many other good bands start with Z? I can only think of one more and I need it for another category. Besides, there aren't many bands that have kept the same lineup for over 40 years and continue to perform today. They've also had many hits over those years. My favorites? Gimme All Your Lovin' and Sharp Dressed Man.

Hate
Zoot Suit Riot (Cherry Poppin' Daddies) - I honestly couldn't remember if I liked this song or not. So I looked it up on Spotify. Wow, what an annoying sound. I'll let that one go. Maybe it will die a merciful death.

Hate to Love
Rob Zombie - I have trouble deciding if I like Rob Zombie better solo or with White Zombie. Either way, he makes some darn good music. Why do I hate to love his music? The dude is over the top creepy. I'm not entirely convinced he's not a serial killer on the weekends. I wouldn't be surprised to look in his freezer and find dead cats. Or his former band mates from White Zombie. But More Human than Human is still one of my all-time favorites.

And thus we end another A to Z Challenge. This one was definitely more difficult than last year's themeless month. I hope everyone had fun with it and hope to continue following several new blogs. Thanks for visiting this month and I'll see you around. (I promise to post more often this year than I did last year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment