Wednesday, April 16, 2014

N - Porcupines on Fire

We're beginning the second half of the A to Z Challenge. That's right, 13 letters down, 13 to go. Today we are on the 14th letter, N. So let's get this thing coasting down the backside of this hill.

Love
Newsboys - They've been around a long time and are basically Christian music royalty at this point. Signing former DC Talk member Michael Tait as their new lead singer a couple of years ago only added to their status. I got to see them live last month at Winter Jam. They put on a great show. You can see them performing in concert in the movie God's Not Dead. Can't wait to see that one.

Nightwish - Today's post gets another bonus band. Nightwish is one of my go-to bands when I'm writing. I got introduced to them by fellow writer Rebekah Loper (check out her blog here). She recommended them my first year participating in NaNoWriMo. They've been a large part of my writing playlist ever since.

Hate
New York, New York (Frank Sinatra) - Old Blue Eyes can sing. No doubt about it. He deserves to be considered one of the all-time greats. But I would cover my ears with a burning porcupine to avoid hearing this song. Having to play it when I was in the basketball Spirit Band at OSU didn't make it any more tolerable. Where were the porcupines then?

Love to Hate
Never Gonna Give You Up (Rick Astley) - The Rick-roll song itself. I have to admit that I liked this song when it first came out in the 80s. It wasn't terrible then. Now? Yeah, it's bad. It's been played to death, turned into a joke on the Internet, and basically destroyed any credibility that Rick Astley may have ever had. So now I hate it. But since it's an internet meme, I kinda like hating it.

Who have you seen in concert recently? Writers, who do you listen to when writing? Ever been rick-rolled? Let me know in the comments. And if you see any porcupines on fire, it's just me avoiding Frank again.

No comments:

Post a Comment