Saturday, April 12, 2014

K - Kisses!

It's letter K in the A to Z Challenge. How many people do you think are writing something about kisses? I put the over/under at around 400ish. Just because I read several blogs last year that mentioned kisses in some way. It seems like some letters just don't have the originality of others. Why can't people think for themselves? Why must we all have the same ideas like this? Why?! It's time for someone to step out and do something different. So here you go. Something different.

Love
Christian Kane - Christian Kane is better known for his acting than his singing, but he's actually quite good at both. He first gained popularity as Lindsay McDonald on Angel, which was one of my favorite shows at the time. He later returned to the small screen in Leverage as Eliot Spencer. Every role I've seen him play, he's just oozed cool. Enough to make me forgive him for going to the University of Oklahoma. (OU sucks! Go Pokes!) But that has nothing to do with music, so let's talk about his singing. He sings Southern Rock and just sounds like he's having a good time doing it. If you haven't heard him, check him out. You'll thank me.

Hate
Kiss Me (Sixpence None the Richer) - The first couple of times I heard this song, I liked it. Then the DJs on the radio liked it apparently. So they played it often. Other people heard it and liked it, so they played it even more often. And just as the song reached complete overkill and former fans of Sixpence were cursing them, their families, their dogs and their family's dogs, the radio station geniuses increased the airings to levels previously reserved for shyster lawyer commercials and erectile dysfunction ads. With similar results in popularity.

Hate to Love
KISS - I'll admit, I'm a KISS fan. I hate to admit that because I'm not a fan of their lifestyle or the message they tend to promote with their music. When I was younger, it didn't bother me too much, but as I've gotten older and have kids I prefer more family-friendly fare. But I still like to listen to some of their better songs. Rock and Roll All Nite, Heaven's on Fire, I Love it Loud. That's some good stuff. Interestingly, it seems that Gene Simmons - the most notorious of all the band members - has actually gotten pretty conservative in his outlook on many topics these days. I guess getting older and having a family has affected him some too.

There you go, something original for K that doesn't have anything at all to do with kisses or kissing or anything related to kisses or kissing. Oh wait... never mind. I give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment