Thursday, April 10, 2014

I - I Believe I Heard Rock n Roll

It's day nine of the A to Z Challenge. That means we're up to letter I. As you may have noticed lately, for some of these letters it's hard to come up with just one song or artist. Well today, I've narrowed it down to two that I love. Will it be "I Love Rock n Roll" by Joan Jett or "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister? It's a close one this time. Who could it be? How can I possibly choose between these two? Who will be crowned the king of "Rock" songs I love (for the letter I)? Scroll down to see.





Love
Imperial March (Star Wars) - We have a spoiler! While both songs are great and deserving of being very high on my list, they just aren't intergalactic. Only one song makes you fear for the safety of the entire planet whenever it plays. Will he blow it up with a Death Star? Will he freeze a loved one in carbonite? C'mon it's Darth Vader's theme song. How can it possibly get any cooler than that?

Hate
I Believe I Can Fly (R. Kelly) - I believe you can shut up and go away! Enough said.

Love to Hate
I Heard it Through the Grapevine (Marvin Gaye) - Sorry, Mom, but this song is terrible. OK, maybe not terrible, but it is awfully annoying. Maybe it's just because it was overused in all the California Raisin commercials back in the 80's or 90's or whenever it was. I don't think it bothered me until I heard it all the time.

What do you think? Is Darth Vader the king of theme songs? Or the Dark Lord of theme songs? Do dancing raisins make you want to burn Marvin Gaye records in protest? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment