Thursday, April 3, 2014

C - Cowboy Music Anyone?

Today's post for music I love, hate, and love to hate (or hate to love) has it's own mini theme. All are cowboy  or country music. I didn't plan it that way, it just happened. That must mean the list is dead-on accurate. Right? Let me know in the comments.

Love
Chris LeDoux - Chris LeDoux was cool without even trying. He didn't go out of his way to be noticed, or to shock his audience, or to make the world look at him and tell him he was cool. He just got on stage and had a great time entertaining his fans. I think he entertained himself just as much. My favorite Chris LeDoux memory? Living 1/4 mile from the Tumbleweed bar and dance hall in Stillwater, OK and getting to hear a Chris LeDoux concert for free. He always performed at the annual Calf Fry at the outdoor arena. Being so close, we could hear the whole concert sitting in our driveway. (No calf fry eating required.)

Hate
Johnny Cash - I know I'm stepping on some toes with this one. After all, he's the "Man in Black". He's a country music legend. He was cool before country was cool. So what? I still don't like his voice. If anyone sounded like him today, they would never get a recording contract. Sometimes, the music has to rank higher than the "cool".

Love to Hate
Anyone named Cyrus - I don't care if it's Billy Ray or Miley. If they come on, the radio goes off. I'll admit I kinda liked Achy Breaky Heart when it first came out. Mainly because it was fun to dance to and only got better after a few drinks. Now? Not enough vodka in all of Russia. Or Ukraine. Do they still have vodka in Ukraine or did Putin annex it all?

That's all for today. What songs or bands do you like for the letter C? Leave me suggestions below. I might even respond and let you know why your opinion is wrong different from mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment