Wednesday, April 17, 2013

O - Oklahoma

Quick, list as many facts about Oklahoma as you can. Unless you live here - and even if you do - you probably can't make a very long list. Truth is, most people know very little about this state. So, for your enjoyment, here is a list of interesting facts that I know about Oklahoma.

We have the world's tallest free-standing statue - the 76-foot-tall Golden Driller in Tulsa.
We have a spaceport.
The musical Oklahoma! was the first for the writing team of Rodgers and Hammerstein.
Oklahoma has the most turnpikes of any US state with 10.
Every county in Oklahoma voted Republican in the last two Presidential elections.

There are probably more, but I can't think of them right now. After living here for over thirty years, you'd think I would have more interesting facts. I'm just going to blame it on living in a boring state.

Let me know in the comments if you can think of anything interesting about Oklahoma.

2 comments:

  1. Evidently, the Oklahoma "state meal" is: black-eyed peas, chicken fried steak, cornbread, corn on the cob, okra, strawberries, sausage and gravy, barbeque pork, squash, biscuits, grits, and pecan pie -- with a defibrillator on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I was in that musical--and what's more, I loved it. Not sure I know any interesting facts about the state, but I do know it's theme song--and can sing it in 4 different parts. =)

    ReplyDelete