Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I - Indy and Brandy

Indy and Brandy are my dogs. They are not entirely sane. But that's OK. Sanity is overrated in dogs.

Indy is, of course, short for Indiana Jones. When we first got her as a 7 week old puppy, she was curious about everything and completely fearless, just like Indiana Jones. Her fearlessness changed when she got hit by a car when she was a year old. We thought she was going to die for sure. Instead, she healed and became the fastest dog I've ever seen. She once saw a rabbit running away from her when she was 50 yards away from it. By the time the rabbit ran 75 yards, she was on its heels. It hid under a stack of pallets or it would have been dog chow. She hates rabbits as much as I do. :)

Brandy is Indy's opposite. She was afraid of everything as a puppy and always wanted someone to hold her. To this day, she loves to give kisses. Thus the name; she was always a light brown licker. She's never been as quick as Indy and never will be. Probably because she's about twice her weight. Mostly muscle, but I think she may be getting the bigger half of dinner most of the time, if you know what I mean.

The dogs love to amuse themselves by chewing on each other, licking each other, and laying on each other. Legs and faces are particularly popular choices. Chewing on someone's face doesn't sound like a good hobby to me, but I'm not a dog. And I'm sane. Which is often overrated.

1 comment: