Monday, August 15, 2011

Giggles

So apparently the chittering noise that mongooses (mongeese?) make is called a giggle. I don't know why, but that makes me laugh a little.

I haven't figured out yet what I'm going to teach at Sukkot this year. I think I'll change things up a little and go B'rit Chadasha (New Testament) this time. That seems to be where the Spirit is leading me. I'm thinking about including some discussion of Kefa (Peter) and how he relates to us as believers today. (I think he would fit in quite well with modern believers.) When I think about Kefa, I feel I can relate. I'll explain how at Sukkot. Everyone's used to hearing me teach the weekly Torah portion, so this might be a nice change. Or it will scare everyone out of the tent.

Speaking of tents, we're tent camping this year for the first time. We've always used the pop-up for Sukkot so this is going to be another "nice" change. The tent we got is 11 x 20 with three rooms! I think that should be enough room for the six of us and most of the rest of B'nai Israel. I hope there's enough room on the campsite for this behemoth! Especially if Stan gets one for his family as well. We'll get to experience what it was like setting up and tearing down the Mishkan (Tabernacle) every time the Israelites moved. We may need an entire tribe of Levites to carry the thing!

Speaking of the Mishkan, I'm looking forward to Mishkanim being with us to lead praise and worship on the last night of Sukkot. If you haven't heard them yet, check out their website at http://www.mishkanim.com/. Aline and Howie have a strong gift for musical praise and worship. Check them out and be sure to Like them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Mishkanim.

We're hoping to have Mason Clover back sometime around Sukkot. Same as above, if you don't know his music, check out his site and Like him on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/masonclover. Let him know Robbie sent you! It won't help me or you, but it will show him that we really want him back.

That's all I have for tonight. I have to wrangle the little mongooses into their beds. Until next time, stay furry and be sure to get the cobras before they get you!

No comments:

Post a Comment